Mon, 14 May 2012
With spring in the air, let’s jump right into this week’s edition of the Dude’s Top Ten!
10. The Clippers finish off the Grizzlies in game 7. The very idea of the Clippers making the playoffs and winning a series just seems wrong to me. This is the Clippers we’re talking about. Didn’t they disturb a mummy’s tomb or something that put the curse on them to always stink?
9. Will Florida State end up bolting the ACC for greener pastures in the Big 12 or SEC? It seems like only a matter of time to me. Until they have a playoff and a handful of super conferences sucking up all the college football money, these changes aren’t finished. And then you could get away from the stink that is Duke too. That never hurts.
8. Lebron is the MVP again. While he may win a dozen of these, it won’t matter without a ring. Even if he does win it all this year, the refrain will be “who did he beat?” with Rose out. That’s the problem when you want all the superstars on your team. It wouldn’t have been the same if Bird and Magic or Jordan and Isaiah had decided to be on the same team.
7. Sometimes it’s good to know that I’m not the only one wearing a tin foil hat. We all know the NBA is as rigged as pro wrestling!
6. Hats off to Kevin Steen for winning the Ring of Honor title Saturday night. A few years ago, this would have been a really big deal for me, but ROH has managed to lose a lot of my interest in the last few years. After the Briscoes, who am I supposed to care about again?
5. Josh Hamilton is just killing it and Bryce Harper is just killing himself. There’s a lesson to be learned here, Doctor and Dude Nation. I’m not sure what it is, but I’m for it and for anything that can the Great Mutamentioned (and a linked picture) on a major website is a win in my book!
4. The White Sox continue to stagger along like most people expected. When they stink, they don’t do it half way. I’m going to the Cell tonight, so I hope Sunday’s implosion got it out of their system for a day or two. At least the beer will be cold!
3. The Kings are keeping this hot streak going. It’s hard to pick against a team that is doing everything right, but the Coyotes may have something to say about that. At this point, someone has to cool off, but that is a hard thing to predict.
2. I’m going to stay on the Rangers until someone can finish them off. They’re like Steven Segal, hard to kill!
1. Kobe and the Lakers take on the Thunder. Another interesting matchup in the west. Can Kobe continue to lead the Lakers to victory or will they go ahead and fire everybody now and put them out of their mystery?
Have a great week everybody!
Category:general -- posted at: 9:21am CDT