Mon, 25 June 2012
10. Kevin Steen retained his ROH Title against Davey Richards. I suspect that Davey’s match on Friday (see #4) may have made the difference. It’s these kinds of little insights that can give you the edge when you’re betting pro wrestling like me!
9. Red Sox trade Kevin Youkillis to White Sox. With a potential big league bat at third, could this be the charge that the Sox needs? Some Red Sox faithful aren’t happy about losing Youkillis, but they’re going to be really unhappy when they see Brent Lillibridge!
8. 52 marathons in 52 weeks. As an occasional jogger, the idea of running 26.2 miles over the course of weeks wears me out, let alone once a week for a year. I hope her carb loading involves lots of beer like me.
7. UFC on Friday night featured one guy running away from another for the entire five rounds. I think that this sport has officially jumped the shark. They better watch out for pro wrestling, the real sport of true men!
6. A Chinese man tried to watch all of Euro 2012 and ended up dying after 11 straight days of no sleep and too much coffee and nicotine. I’ll have to bring this up to my mother to let her know how far from death I really was a child watching wrestling on the couch for hours and hours. I could have gone for days!
5. The Mets new mascot is Little Jerry Seinfeld. Of course he is, because this is the Mets we’re talking about.
4. AAW put on a heck of a show on Friday night. The main event six man saw mayhem all over the building, especially right in front of us which was awesome, but Sami Callahan vs. Davey Richards really stole the show. This was one of the best matches I’ve seen live this year and that isn’t just the cheap beer talking!
3. The Pirates are five games over .500 and one out of first (and two better than Cleveland). I’m trying to stay calm, but it’s getting harder and harder. Now if we can just be in this spot in September, I’m officially going to lose it!
2. Italy sent England home from Euro 2012 on penalty kicks. My craving for pizza was truly a sign! Score one for science at the pay window.
1. The Heat win. Great. Now we have the Yankees of the NBA and David Stern wins in the end.
Category:general -- posted at: 9:48am CDT