Mon, 27 August 2012
10. The Pirates have been stinking it up in the last week or so. At this point, .500 is my goal. I don’t ask for much in life! And by the way, you’re welcome Cards.
9. Football is almost here and I’m looking forward to Northwestern games this fall. Ok, mostly the tailgate, but the football is good too!
8. The Seahawks have decided to name the rookie Russell Wilson the starter, cut TO, and trade Tavaris Jackson to Buffalo. Quite a busy week in Seattle. Now they just need Marshawn Lynch to get a DUI and everything will be complete.
7. So Tavaris Jackson goes to the Bills. That’s just what they need to break their string of losing seasons. Was Tyler Palko unavailable?
6. Roger Clemens is coming back! This just goes to show you what clean living will get you, or something like that.
5. I’m heading to Milwaukee this weekend to see the poor old Buccos take on the Brew Crew. If Milwaukee had nothing else going for it, it would still be great in my book just thanks to their beer battered fried cheese curds!
4. So Lance Armstrong finally gets busted, or something like that. I wonder if he’d give his left nut to clear his name. Too soon?
3. Japan wins the LLWS, beating Tennessee in the final. The last time a Japanese athlete beat someone from Tennessee this bad, it was Togo Yamamoto beating up Jerry Lawler.
2. On Friday night, I went to see AAW Wrestling. Wrestling, cheap beer, and even some boobs. It was quite a successful night!
1. The Doctor and Dude’s NFL special is up now at www.doctoranddude.com or iTunes. Get it now and you’ll be all set for the season to start. We break down every team and make our picks for who’s going to come out on top. Here’s a spoiler: I like the Steelers to win it all!
This is the last Top 10 for a while. Next week the Dude Presents is back with early lines and a recap of the first weekend of the football season. Check it out and spread the word!
Category:general -- posted at: 9:51am CDT
Sun, 26 August 2012
The NFL is finally back, and the Doctor and Dude provide an exhaustive preview to meet your gambling needs as the season approaches. The boys cover every win totals for every team, and the Dude gives his picks for which teams will make the playoffs.